A Ski Resort In Australia Completely Relies On Renewable Energies-News
Posted On: 10 Sep 2019
A ski resort in Australia has announced that they have successfully changeover all of their large operations to run fully on renewable energies. The changes include
- Offsetting the entirety of carbon emissions produced by their groomer and company vehicle fleet.
- Adding an optional 4 dollar add-on to lift ticket purchases those plants a tree nearby to offset the energy expenditure from running lifts.
- Partnering with Protect Our Winters (POW) to spread awareness of environmental issues and what shall be done about them.
- Banning all single-use plastic bags from Thredbo outlets and replacing them with biodegradable substitutes.
- Implementing flow restrictors on water sources throughout the resort that preserves water and prevents wastage of water.
- Installing LED light wherever it is possible to save energy.