Buffalo Ski Club-USA
A Snowy Adventure at Buffalo Ski Club Ski Area
Winter is the season of love, joy, fun, and warmth. Winter is the time for people to snuggle up in their blankets and enjoy the snowfall view from our windows while sipping on a mug of hot chocolate. Winter is also the time for us to get nostalgic; to remember about our first snow fight, the ugly snowman that took ages to complete, the snow fairies we made while relaxing and the happiness of witnessing the first snow of the season that cannot be expressed.
While we may just want to sit in front of the fireplace, stepping out of the house for some fun will act as a treat for the soul. Whether you take winter breaks to the snow-laden mountains or live in a snow-clad city where hitting the slopes is quite easy and convenient, you can always get some break from the ‘stuck at home’ fever with skiing.
This winter, head for a skiing trip or a bunch of many activities on offer at the ski resorts. The little moments spent in the snow will leave you with memories for a lifetime. Come, experience all this and more at Buffalo Ski Club Ski Area.Beautiful snow laden mountains surround the resort and bordered by an enormous green trail of trees. Seeing this beauty first-hand is an experience you’ll relish forever
Base Elevation: 360 m
Summit Elevation: 512 m
Vertical Drop: 152 m
Why choose Buffalo Ski Club Ski area for an incredible winter experience?
• Lying outside of West Falls, New York, Buffalo Ski Club Ski area joins - Buffalo, Tamarack Ski Club, and Sitzmark. Combined, the total ski area expands 300 acres and a rider accessible terrain.
• The resort is located on Route 240 in Colden. Lying just outside the West Falls, Buffalo Ski Club Ski Area is only minutes from anywhere in the Buffalo metropolitan area.
• The resort offers one season trial membership pass for the beginners and first-time visitors to the resort. This trial membership is a member referral program, and you need to be in contact with a current member of the resort. If you are not known to any of the members, you can communicate with the resort officials for the same. The cost of the entire family season pass comes at around $750. Being a trial member gets you a discount of up to 50% if you enroll in snow sports school lessons.
• All members are also entitled to discounts for season lifts passes.
• Priced at $45 for an adult, the lift tickets are less expensive here than any average resort you’ll visit. To add icing to the cake, Buffalo Ski Cub offers you great value for your ticket- you get a vast terrain of the skiable area.
• The resort features a snow zone, first of its kind in western New York. It is a recreational structure featuring a real 25 ft. Tall mountain made of snow. Cargo nets, ropes to scale the mountain, three interconnecting lighted tunnels – all ending in a ‘mountain cave room,' is what makes it ideal for kids. What’s more? The mountain is topped off by a snow slide.
• Alongside the regular skiing, snow tubing, and snowboarding, the Resort also offers Alpine Skiing, night skiing, snowmaking, snowshoeing, ski and snowboard lessons in its plethora of services. The resort offers 100 acres of night skiing. The Ski Club Nursery takes care of your younger ones as you explore the snow.
• The resort is a complete family area with good on- Hill accommodations. 24/7 present is the Carmen’s Catering Food Service which offers excellent breakfasts and delicious food at a reasonable price.
• You should not miss out on all the fun just because you have never skied! The Resort offers training to beginners, and once they complete graduation, they are also given a free season pass. You can choose from several options for training such as Freestyle, Mountain Rangers, Extreme and much more.
• The resort offers a program by the name of ‘Hill Angels’ which is a specialized program aimed at helping and training adults and children with physical disabilities, or people with special needs and developmental delays with the help of adaptive coaches. It is designed to train everyone to ski independently.
All these excellent services on offer make Buffalo Ski Club Area one of the finest in the region, where you can stay with family and friends and enjoy a wide array of activities on offer.
The resort lays claim to a lift-served vertical drop of 500 feet. Buffalo Ski Club Ski area has a summit elevation of 3429 feet and the base elevation drops at 2025 feet. The top lift at the resort is at the height of 447 m making it suitable for beginners and amateurs. The amazing terrain makes its one of the finest places to head out to and have the experiences of a lifetime.
Trails and Lifts
The Buffalo Ski Club Area has a total skiable area of around 225 acres which is readily available by the lifts. There is a total of 43 trails out of which 20% are beginner runs, 46% accounts for the intermediate runs, and 34% of the runs are exclusive for the experts. There is one black diamond run, one by the name of Granny’s Evil Twin, which can seem to be quite a hurdle for most people, and a terrain park with some really small yet amazing features. Buffalo Ski Club Ski Area features a total of six lifts out of which are 2 are normal lifts, two are T-bar lifts, and the remaining two are handle lifts.
The resort is equipped with the following lifts:
Multi Star Handletow
Mitey Mite Handletow
Old Sitz T-Bar
The guests at Buffalo Ski Resort Ski Area have many options to choose from for lodging. For instance, the Hampton Inn East Aurora which is 6.9 miles from the resort, the Stadium View Inn which is at a distance of 8.8 miles, Quality Inn Hamburg, 8.7 miles from the resort and Red Roof Inn Buffalo – Hamburg, 9.1miles from the resort to name a few. All these are really fine places where you can enjoy a comfortable stay at the resort during your stay at the Buffalo Ski Club Area.
All of the lodgings are quite affordable with rooms starting at $45 at the Stadium View Inn. Each room is surprisingly affordable and includes conveniences and comforts according to the time of the year that you choose to visit. The minimum that each room has is a box fan, a ceiling fan and one window at the least to assist in climate control. Food is also offered at these places, and you relish the lip-smacking cuisines on offer.
Skiing is not only a recreational activity that’ll bring out the crazy side in you but also has some perks you never knew about. Skiing acts as a fun and thrilling exercise. Not only does it burns calories and help you lose weight, but it is also a well-known fact that an activity like skiing enhances the happiness quotient of an individual while boosting up his/her physical and mental health. Skiing can work as a quick and efficient cardiovascular exercise for you as it works up the heart and your lungs as you walk up and down the slope.
As you enter the Buffalo Ski Club Ski Area, you’ll find all your worries, and the stress upon your head vanish into the mist. Away from the monotonous hustle bustle of the city, skiing will give you a break from the turmoil of modern times. Visit the place with your significant other, your friends, your family, and your colleagues or just alone to witness the magic and charms of nature when you decide to explore it. You don’t return home with just some snaps on your camera but with memories of a lifetime and a huge generous smile on your face. Go ahead, pack your bags and visit Buffalo Ski Club Area for a beautiful and serene rendezvous among the hills.