Ski Resort Menzenschwand:

We have to confess that we do have a knack of trying. We always try to give you the best of the resorts that will make you winters merrier. Be it small or huge, we do have the best suggestions for you all the time. If you are in search of a fine ski resort in the valley of Feldberg, then the place you are looking for is Ski Resort Menzenschwand. Let us do the honors.

Location of Ski Resort Menzenschwand and how to reach there:

Ski Resort Menzenschwand is located in the High Black Forest (Hochschwarzwald), Freiburg region. When covered with snow, the resort provides a serene view. And from the top of the mountain on which it is situated, you can see almost the entire area and all the nearby surrounding hills.

There are two ways to reach the resort. Firstly, if you are travelling by air, the nearest airport is Basel Airport in Switzerland. From Basel Airport, a car ride of approximately 1 hour 30 minutes will suffice for you to reach the resort. Sadly, there is no direct train connectivity. The Aha train station in Schluchsee is the nearest se=station and at max 10 kilometers from the resort.

Stats of the Slope:

The area where the winter sports activities take place is situated between the elevations of 850 meters and 1,220 meters. Ski Resort Menzenschwand offers you a fabulous slope which sums up to 3.9 kilometers spread across the vertical drop of 370 meters. The slope is well suited for beginners as well as intermediate skiers. Almost 54 percent of the slope (2.1 kilometers) is labeled as easy and the beginners can hone their skiing skills on this patch. The remaining 46 percent accounting to 1.8 kilometer approximately is the home turf for the intermediate level skiers. The slopes are groomed in a superb manner which makes them suitable for everyone.

Season and Timings:

Menzenschwand Statistics

Base Elevation: 850 m

Summit Elevation: 1220 m

Vertical Drop: 370 m

The season here at Ski Resort Menzenschwand open around Christmas, i.e. end of December and concludes in the mid of March. The season usually depends on the snow conditions and can last up to 90-95 days. The timings during the season are 8:45AM to 4:30PM and can vary according to public holidays and external conditions.

Ski lifts and ski pass prices:

At Ski Resort Menzenschwand, there are 3 ski lifts in total. All of these 3 lifts are T-Bar in nature and comprise a total lift length of 1.6 kilometers. 3 of these when come together are capable carrying up to 3000 passengers from the base to the summit of the resort in the duration of just an hour.

Coming to the money you have to pay for a single day pass, Ski Resort Menzenschwand charges very nominal prices for its services. Adults have to spare 24 Euros whereas the youth have to spare an amount of 18 Euros. Pass charges for the kids is less in comparison to others as they have to invest just 12 Euros for a single day of skiing and snowboarding.

The resort falls in major touring regions of Germany which automatically adds it to your must see place. Ski Resort Menzenschwand also showcases the sport of Paragliding in its premises, so if you want to see the whole area from even higher altitude, this is your chance to do that.

Also, if you want to have a cross country hiking trip with you family, the resort offers you that facility as well. You can have fun on a 20 kilometer cross-country trail provided by the resort. The only thing you should take care of now is to pack you gear and clothes, hop in to your car and get started with the fun.

Latest News