Enjoy the world’s only cosmic tubing experience at Mount Hood Skibowl!
Lazy winter mornings are the best and the worst. As the temperature starts to drop down to the lowest mercury levels, so does our active behavior and the will do anything. The warmth of our beds do not let us wake up at the time, the chilly breeze and fog slow us down and the nights are spent cuddled up in soft blankets. Sometimes, don’t you just zone out and get transfixed in some reverie, winter has that effect on us. Isn’t this pretty much how the winter days are spent? Well, it must be true for the most people out there. However, it is time to break the monotony, to look forward to this winter season and enjoy it. It is a myth that the winters cannot be enjoyed.
The beauty of nature is astonishing in the chilly weather. The light beam of the sun shining through heavy fog makes everything look even more beautiful. Early morning walks are refreshing, and the best part is, you are not drenched with sweat. The periods of sleep is usually comfortable and warm, which keep you well rested and energized for the day. For the children, it is fun to play in the snow, building snowmen, having snow fights and creating snow angels in the snow.
Campfires and bonfires are most enjoyable in winters, you and your friends can gather around the fire, drinking, eating, dancing and enjoying yourself. If you have a thrill bone in your body which makes you go out on adventures, then skiing and snowboarding are only some other options to try out. The thrill one gets by skiing is unmatchable. You will surely have the best time of your life in the snow while skiing.
Where to go to have the best skiing experience or to enjoy your holidays?
Are you on a lookout for the best way to spend your winter vacations? Going to a hill station is pretty much boring, all you do is roam about and shop. This winter, try something new. Head towards the United States’ largest ski area on Mount Hood. Mount Hood Skibowl is the perfect destination for recreational activities which will surely make your vacation a memorable one. The recreational area is situated on Mount Hood, near Clackamas County, Oregon. Not only can you head out there for your winter vacations but in summers too, you are welcomed here.
The area is open for summer vacations with activities like mountain biking and what not. It is the closest ski area to Portland. Mount Hood Skibowl homes an adventurous park within its perimeter which includes a zip line, bungee jumping, alpine slides and other outdoor activities. Kirk Hanna owns the destination. Government camp, the get-away to several ski areas is located just across the highway.
Some interesting facts and figures about Mount Hood Skibowl
Now that you know the whereabouts of such an entertaining past time, you should also be aware of all the interesting facts of the place. The recreational ground is the largest night ski area in the United States. The total area available for skiing is 960 acres, and about two-thirds of the area is lit up. The average snowfall in the area is 762 cm. The Mount Hood Skibowl provides its skiers and riders with 64 runs in total and about 34 fully lit runs. The trails in the area are divided well for all the riders.
There are about 20% trails for beginners, 40% intermediate trails, 25% advanced and 15% expert level trails. Skibowl is a dream come true for all skiers and snowboarders. The summit elevation is 3,600 ft to 5,100 ft. The lowest Skibowl elevation is the Skibowl West Base area which is 3,600 ft, and the highest Ski Area elevation is Tom Dick Peak at 5,100 ft. The Mount Hood National Forest has provided with a special permit to the area which allowed it to become the best recreational venue in the U.S. Travelling through the lifts is an experience in itself. Skibowl offers nine lifts for its visitors which includes the Lower Bowl Chair, Upper Bowl Chair, Multorpor Chair, Cascade Chair, Parking Lot Conveyor Lift, West Rope Tow, Platter Tow, Mogul Busters Rope Tow and Snow Tube Conveyor Lift. These lifts have the capacity to carry about 4,620 people per hour.
Truly the best ski resort out there!
- Mount Hood Skibowl is one the oldest skiing resorts in the country which can be dated back to 1928. The area once used to be two different ski resorts- Skibowl and Multorpor. The name Multorpor was a combination of Multnomah County, Oregon, and Portland whereas, the name Skibowl was simply derived from the shape of the Upper Bowl.
- Skibowl offers the best night skiing experience to its riders. Watch the Sun setting down in the hills while skiing. The skiing time available to you is longer than what any another ski resort provides. There are about 34 lit runs for you to enjoy at night. The timings for night skiing starts from 3 p.m. up to 10 p.m. or 11 p.m.
- Skibowl also has something special up its sleeve; the Cosmic Tubing is something that only Mt Hood Skibowl provides you. The hottest ski party you will ever attend. Cosmic Tubing is open on Sundays and during school holidays from 6 p.m. to 11 p.m. and 6 p.m. to 10 p.m. Get lost in the extravaganza of 600,000 LED lights, black lights, colored lights and laser light shows and rock on to the blaring music in the mountains. Riding up the area is the most fun with the specially designed conveyor lift and then, the thrilling ride down to the bottom of the hill in custom tubes. This is the most exciting activity you would have done in a while.
- The Extreme Tube Hill and Kiddie Tube Hill are some other outdoor activities that you can enjoy in the snow at Skibowl. Sit in the specialized tubes, rush down the snowy trails and experience ultimate thrill. The Kiddie Tube Hill is specially designed for the little toddlers who are not yet ready to experience the main hill. The rides are absolutely safe, with goggles and hat around the head.
- Frosty’s Playland and Winter Adventure Park are a playground for the kids to enjoy their time to the fullest. The day tubing and cosmic tubing tickets include access to activities like Super Play Zone, Kiddie Carousel, Kiddie Tube Hill and Frosty’s Playland. Other activities like the Kiddie Snowmobiles and other activities require individual tickets.
- The Frosty’s Playland is heaven for all kids. They can enjoy themselves in the indoor Super Play Zone which is warm. They can delve in ball pits and enjoy various rides in the two- stories.
- Interact with new people and make some more friends in the various events that are held in the Skibowl. Some these special events are Ladies Night, Santa Claus is Coming, Christmas Tree Lighting, Saturday Night Light Fireworks, 29th Annual New Year’s Extravaganza and much more. Skibowl provides many events and fun-filled games to participate in.
Closure with food and lodging
There are a number of lodging areas you can choose from with the best interest to your taste and time. The Collins Lake Resort, The Chalets, The Grand Lodges Mt Hood and The Group Lodging are some of the options you will have. After a busy day, you can warm up in the food joints near Skibowl. Enjoy food and Beer which is spectacular and available nowhere else. The Beer Stube offers you beer according to your mood and taste, the Historic Warming Hut, Ratskeller Pizzeria, Starlight Café, 70 Meters Bar & Grill, Outback Grill, High Mountain Café and the Multorpor Café offer you with a culinary delight like never before.
With so much fun on offer, you and your family can have a great time at this amazing ski part and enjoy themselves to the fullest. So, pack your bags and head out to the best Ski Area in U.S. and return with memories to cherish forever. Visit Mount Hill Skibowl now!