Schmallenberger Höhe-Germany


Schmallenberger Höhe – A Paradise for Ski Lovers!



Skiing, we all know about it. But have you ever tried skiing? We bet, it’s a big no. Though it is a very popular sport among various part of the world, a lot of people don’t try this new and trending sport. And the reason behind this big no is fear, but actually, it is a thrilling and adrenaline-pumping activity. It is a way to make your dull winters refreshing and revitalizing. Unburden yourself from the stress of life, and give yourself surprises and new chances to view life in divergent and positive way. And the best way to do this is spending more and more time with nature.

Schmallenberger Höhe Statstics



Base Elevation: 1509 ft

Summit Elevation: 2067 ft

Vertical Drop: 558 ft



Location and Resort Details:

Schmallenberger Höhe ski resort is located in Sauerland (Germany, Central Uplands of Germany (Deutsche Mittelgebirge)). The winter sports area is located between the elevations of 460 m (1,509 ft)– 630 m (2,067 ft). The elevation difference comes out to be 170 m (557.7 ft). The resort stands at a beautiful point giving an exclusive view of the area.

Ski Statistics:



  The resort has a trailing area of about 1.1 km (0.68 miles). At the mountain station, that is, at the height of 630 m, you can enjoy a beautiful view over Schmallenberger Sauerland. The total run distance is 1.1 km (0.683 miles). 55% of the total run can be categorised into the moderate level of difficulty. So, the blue trail is of 0.6 km (0.372 miles). These slopes cater to the intermediates. The other 45%, i.e., 0.5 km (0.310 miles), falls in the range of advance level. Schmallenberger H?ohe allows out of bounds (off-piste) adventuring in these slopes. There are no risky runs at Schmallenberger H?ohe fully taking into account the safety of the visitors. There are total two kinds of pistes (tracks/runs/slopes) at the resort. One is blue, i.e., intermediate difficulty level. Another one is black which is for the more adventurous lot of skiers. Off-piste skiing is also allowed at Schmallenberger H?ohe. The slopes have artificial snowmaking capabilities too which make sure that the slopes remain smooth and snowy for the best ski experience. The longest run is available in the valley if of approximately 1.6 km (1 mile). Night skiing is also available in a patch of 1.6 km (1 mile).A Toboggan run is available right next to the slopes that are about 150 m (492 ft) in length. On Fridays and Saturdays, floodlit skiing is also offered with 1000m (0.62 miles) of illuminated slopes.


Ski lifts:

The resort can be accessed by two lifts both of which are surface lifts. The capacity of each of these lifts is around 900 persons.
Ski pass prices:
The day ski pass price for adults is around 18 Euros while for children up to 15 years of age, the pass price is around 12 Euros. The whole season passes for adults costs around 120 Euros while that for children costs around 90 Euros.

Operational timings:

The season extends from mid – December to mid – March. Ski resort operational timings are 1 pm to 6 pm on weekdays and 9 am to 5 pm on weekends. The schedules can vary based on external conditions, the day of the week, school holidays and public holidays.

Ski Rentals and Clubs:

The Schmallenberg ski club offers regular ski lessons at its ski school. The Schmidt ski rental is located right in the clubhouse of the Schmallenberg ski club which is located exactly on the Schmallenbergerhoehenlift. Cabins and rooms are also available at Schmallenberg Hohe. The Handweiser cabin is one of the most popular ones with a seating capacity of 130 and an open fireplace in the middle of the guest room where visitors could spend their cosy evenings. Sufficient parking spaces for cars and buses are available for free in a completely hassle-free manner. So, leave your worries there itself and enjoy your stay at this paradise ski resort!

Latest News