Colorado - A 46-year-old New Jersey resident lost his life during an unfortunate ski lift accident. The person was Jason Varnish and he was in Vail, Colorado when the incident took place.
According to Eagle County spokesperson, Kara, the death was accidental. The ski lift Jason was riding on was found to have no problems upon inspection.
Sources quoted that Jason’s imbalanced ski chairlift seat caused him to hang in the air with his coat choking his airway. Despite all the efforts Jason’s life could not be saved. Autopsy confirmed Positional Asphyxia as the cause of his death.
According to NBC News, the incident occurred at Skyline Express ski lift. Authorities shut down the chairlift for 24 hours to run inspections. According to Vail Ski Resort representative, the ski lift is functioning properly.
This is not the first ski lift accident at Skyline Express. Another man died on the same chairlift over a decade ago in a similar accident.
Copyright 2020 by Schneemenschen GmbH. All Rights Reserved.