Stixner-Germany


Ski Resort Stixner:



There are plenty of ski resorts in the region of Bavaria, Germany. Many of them are fascinating enough to attract customers whereas some are so huge that customers are attracted to them naturally. But sometimes, we tend to ignore the small things that can be small wonders actually. We are here with such a find for you and the name of the resort is Ski resort Stixner. Lets us get to the details quickly.

Location of the resort and best possible ways to reach it:


Stixner Statistics


Base Elevation: 920 m

Summit Elevation: 1080 m

Vertical Drop: 160 m


Ski resort Stixner is located in the beautifully breathtaking Alpsee Grunten Holiday Region in Bavaria, Germany. The resort can be called a good one without a doubt if family outing is on your mind. The scenic beauty of the Bavarian Alps and the snow covered mountain tops; it is something that we cannot justify in words. The best possible way to reach Ski resort Stixner is by air transportation as there is no direct connectivity via train. The nearest airport to the resort is Munich International Airport and from the airport, a ride of approximately 45 minutes will take you to your destination. Also, from the airport, there is a continuous bus service that will drop you at the resort and it is very frequent during the season.

Slope Statistics:

Let’s talk business now. The slope offered by the resort is situated between elevations of 920 meters and 1,080 meters. This means that you get a vertical drop of 160 meters and in this vertical drop; they offer you a slope of 1.2 kilometers in length. And the best part is yet to come. No portion of this 1.2 kilometer slope is on the easier side, so this is surely good news for the intermediate level skiers who are looking for thrill and want to hone their skills at some resort which is less crowded than the top ranked resorts. 1 kilometer of the slope’s total length (almost 83 percent) is good enough for the skiers who seek a patch with intermediate level of difficulty. The remaining 17 percent, i.e. 0.2 kilometer in length is for the high level skiers who can warm up on the mid level patch to get going on the high difficulty section of the grid.

Ski lifts and Pass Prices:



The pass prices are very good at Ski resort Stixner. For a single day of fun activities, adult skiers and snowboarders have to spare 16 Euros from their pockets and it is 15 Euros for the youth who visit the resort. Kids get a bit of relaxation as they have to pay just 13 Euros from their pockets. Talking about the ski lifts, there is only one ski lift at Stixner. The sole lift present is a T-Bar lift and the total lift length accounts to 0.6 kilometer. The lift is capable of carrying up to 1000 passengers per hour from the base to the summit.

Best Season to visit and Timings:

The skiing season begins when there is appropriate amount of snow on the slope. The season is German ski resorts usually begins from mid of December and concludes somewhere around mid March. Best time to visit Ski resort Stixner is in the month of January as the snow conditions are best at that time. During season, the resort opens at 9AM and closes at 4PM every day, provided there is no intrusion by the weather conditions. So if you are looking for a place which is beautiful and not jam packed with crowd, all you need to do is visit ski resort Stixner and you will not be disappointed.

Latest News