Wintersportzentrum Sellinghausen-Germany


Wintersportzentrum Sellinghausen:

 



You are a die-hard winter person if low temperatures and heavy snowfalls suit you. And how can we forget the snow angels that you love to carve on the fresh snow? Indeed that is fun. But there is something missing. You have to admit that there is no thrill in making the cute little snow angels! You need something that will get your adrenaline pumping. And the answer to your curiosity is winter sports. Now you are going to seek the places where you will get your exciting joyride. But do not go far. We will give you the place that you are seeking for. And the name of the place is Wintersportzentrum Sellinghausen. Want to know more? Get to the details then!

 

Location of the Resort:



Wintersportzentrum Sellinghausen Statistics



Base Elevation: 1509 ft

Summit Elevation: 1969 ft

Vertical Drop: 459 ft


Beautifully established in the valley of Sauerland, Central Uplands of Germany, Wintersportzentrum Sellinghausen is the ultimate location for all winter sports enthusiasts to be this winter. The resort is not a huge one, but it is surely equipped with some astonishing scenic beauty and thrilling slopes. Coming to the point on how to reach the resort in quickest and best possible manner, the answer is by means of air transportation. Two nearest airports to the resort are Airport Dortmund and Airport Paderborn/Lippstadt. The former is at a distance of 96 kilometers from the resort and a car ride of approximately 1 hour 15 minutes is required to reach there, while the latter is at a distance of 88 kilometers from Sellinghausen and a ride of 1 and half hours will suffice to reach the destination.

Slope Statistics:

Wintersportzentrum Sellinghausen has its base and summit at elevations of 1480 and 1900 feet respectively and this is where the winter sports activities are performed. The slope offered by the resort is 1.6 kilometers in length and offers the facility of valley runs which makes it worth your time. This is one of the reasons why Sellinghausen is frequently rated among the top 10 ski resort in the nation of Germany. Almost 38 percent of the slope (0.6 kilometers in length) offers least resistance as it is on the easier side and hence, it is the place where rookies should start off. The remaining 62 percent of the slope which accounts to 1 kilometer in length has steep twists and turns to offer and is well suited for skiers with some good hands on experience. Every part of the slope is well groomed and maintained efficiently by the staff, so you need not worry about your toddler’s or your own safety. When heavy snowfall occurs, the slopes of Wintersportzentrum Sellinghausen offer you a good average snow depth which doubles the fun.

 

Pass prices and ski lifts:

 


 

Sellinghausen is a small wonder that fancies only a single lift in its premises and the sole lift is a T-Bar/Platter. With a lift length of 500 meters, this lift is capable of carrying 1000 passengers from the base to the summit of the resort on an hourly basis. Talking about the pass prices, the prices are pretty fair as well. Children falling in the age group 0-14 years have to spare an amount of 17 Euros for a single day pass. For the same pass, Adults have to pay a slightly higher amount of 22 Euros. If you have a long trip planned here at Wintersportzentrum Sellinghausen, then you can also opt for the 6-day pass which is provided at discounted prices. The 6-day pass for kids and adults is available at 75 and 96 Euros respectively.

Best Season and Timings:

The general season is no exception from other resorts in Germany as they begin the proceedings early in the month of December and the fun ends late in the month of March. The best time to visit is January as the average depth of snow offered during this month is 15 feet at the base and summit. During season, the operating timings are between 9AM and 5PM which provides you a window of 8 hours to have fun with your skies and snowboards. Due to all the above facts, Wintersportzentrum Sellinghausen is also rated among the top 3 family friendly resorts in Sauerland region as they offer a very friendly and comfortable environment to children and senior citizens. So, what are you thinking now? Hurry up and let the fun begin!

Latest News